Friday, September 02, 2005

Christian Radion Stations on California

I love contemporary Christian music. But what I don't care for is what Christian Radion Stations play here in Sacramento. They play the same songs ALL DAY LONG. What's really wrong with them? The simple fact that 9 out of 10 songs sound like 80's pop music. I HATE THAT. Yeah, yeah, I know that they are playing 'family friendly' music but I'm not interested in it at all. How do they stay on air?
I remember visiting my brother (best friend) in Oklahoma and getting into the car from the airport and listening to the multitudes of stations available. Now, I realize that he is in the bible belt but COME ONE. Why don't other states playing Christian themed music pay attention to this. I had the pleasure of listening to Christian ROCK, Alternative, Country(not a fan but need to post it) as well as the standard Gospel or Contemporary.
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox and wait for the replies from whom ever decides to visit. There are many different takes we can take on Christian Music of today so lets let it out.

Kevman

2 Comments:

Blogger Lycan said...

I stopped being in touch with the contemporary christian music scene about my sophomore year in college; right after Jennifer Knapps first album.

Like you said, they are trying to be family friendly, but it's so bubble gum. A lot of the stuff that has come out is just a recycled sound of the same stuff that has been out for ten years.

Seems like it's a mile wide and an inch deep.

Give me Michael Card and John Michael Talbot, something with substance.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Shannon Marie said...

I didn't stay long on the Christian music scene at all. Maybe a total of a year and a half from 96-99 (the years that I was in college). Once in a while there comes a Christian artist that is totally different (Jars of Clay and Chris Rice when they first began), but after that then it's just a broken record. I'm still a fan of Rich Mullins and I will still sing to Point of Grace, but give me something new. Of course, this is coming from the girl that will listen to just about anything and like it.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home